Monday, January 28, 2008

recent goings on

These past few weeks have been very full with the holidays, starting a new semester of school, planning a trip and collecting the gear for it, and looking for a job. This is my last semester before graduation, so a lot of my time will be going towards finding employment for after graduation, but I'll still try to blog once in a while, and then more frequently once I have finalized my plans for after graduation. I don't like to blog about any championships unless I have the time to adequately learn about the event, and now I have a very long list of championships that I've heard about that I need to learn more about.

The weekend of Jan. 19th I went on a snowshoeing and sub-zero camping trip in the Manti-La Sal National Forest in Utah with three friends. It was certainly a fun trip and very beautiful. But boy it sure got cold at night! Our tents were up in the mountains at 8,953 feet, and the low temperature 3,000 feet lower was 1°F. When we woke up we discovered that the inside of our tents were all frosted over from our breath. I don't think there are any championships for camping, but there certainly are for some of the winter skills that you can use in the backcountry, like snowshoeing, skiing, snowboarding, ice climbing, ect.

Here are a few photos from the trip.




No comments: